Saturday 7 March 2009

Nothing's Really Happening

Its been a bit weird for a few weeks.



Things have been relatively quiet since the end of January, since I talked over my systems with a family member of my business buddy, tinkered with my pricing and visited another retailer. I've been really focussing my energy with my business buddy and coming up with more daft ideas for businesses... this time something to do with flirting...



Its been quiet because my test is now the critical element to my forward progression and I want to focus on making that happen. BTW, I've got a training session with my retailers in evening this, so we should be "go" on by later on this week...



I've known for a while just how much is at stake here with the test. It will define how much more work I put into this. It will define whether or not I take a career break. It will define whether in fact I could leave my current job. It will define all my hope & expectation for the future. It will justify my faith & thinking over the past 2 years.



I wonder what I'll do if it doesn't meet my expectations. Am I emotionally married to this idea or will I see the reality? Will I tinker with it or will I kill it outright? I have set some criteria so when the results come in I can be clear & honest with myself.



And that's really why I've not pushed forward on a number of fronts: my systems, incorporating the company, finalising pricing, finalising source of supply, developing my marketing plan to name a few from my list of things to do... They're all been put on hold because I need to know how much I've got to play with, how big an idea is this, if anything at all.


I kind of feel I'm hedging my emotional bets, waiting for the payout in a couple of weeks.

No comments: