Friday 26 February 2010

Home or Away

One of my worries about the next step is how I behave in the first few months.

I need to make sure I don't treat it as an extended holiday (part of the reason I'm having a longish holiday straight away after I finish up). I need to keep busy and get up early (not always a thing I do well).

I worry that I will find diversions at home, to such a degree I am contemplating getting rid of my TV (a strategy I adopted successfully during my finals) and PS3. But I know I will find other diversions even without these, and I think they're rather drastic.

My big idea to help me transition and getting into the working spirit is to join a club, such as Soho House, One Alfred Place, Adam Street or some such place... I did have a thought about getting a serviced office, but bizarrely a private club is about half the cost of a serviced office.

My other thought is to wear a suit everyday, make me feel like I'm working, make it different from "normal" every day wear. This is something I used to do at work (I know that sounds funny but in work everybody wears jeans) but now I only wear a suit when I cycle into work.

No comments: