Monday 3 November 2008

Patience is a virgin

Throughout this whole process, I have had something confirmed to me that I suspected about myself for some time...


I'm not really a patient person, yet others perceive that I am. I feel I get frustrated quite quickly about myself & my ideas and give up before others do. I am easily my fiercest critic.

The classic case is where I had given up hope and then 10 minutes later hope had been restored. But it happens all the time, and not just with my ideas or with work.

I sometimes call this "the darkest hour" as I always think its over just before I turn the corner. And I suppose the good thing is I am learning that about myself and therefore spending slightly longer to make sure I truly am giving things enough time. That I truly am getting the best perspective.

Today my patience is beginning to wear thin about my funding for this stage of my idea... certain commitments have been made by others, but at this stage they are not forthcoming, despite me chasing them down. But then again they have stressed they will know more by Tuesday, so may be I shouldn't panic...

Pateience & determination I think are the keys to unlock the opoprtunities... I just need to remember the "darkest hour" and not give up all hope just yet...

No comments: