Wednesday 15 October 2008

Frustrating Times

Its getting tougher and I'm getting more & more frustrated.


I have now started cold calling outlets to help me trial my new product, even though I've tried that before, and funnily enough I'm still hitting closed doors.


On top of that very real frustration at getting knocked back is the frustration that a great deal depends on this trial, that this trial would give me a breakthrough on my journey.


And this is the point where I really need breakthrough, even though I not sure it really ever happens like that. This trial will unlock a whole number of doors that have remained resolutely closed till now, and, I hope, present more doors to open once they themselves have been opened.


I know what the test will give me in the sense of objectives, but most importantly it will give me a sense of progression which in turn will build my confidence about my idea and about myself.


I am feeling massively frustrated. I just can't find an angle into these retailers, and it gets even more frustrating as I know just how much is riding on this.


And what is riding on this is my idea that I have nurtured for 18 months. Its my reputation as I have told people I am starting my own business. Its my self belief and confidence as I have told myself I can do this. Its my dreams of the life I want. So not much then...



And the trial gives me a chance to see if all of those things are possible, and so far I'm struggling even to ask the questions to the customers...

No comments: