Saturday 27 September 2008

"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal

I awoke this morning to a text from my business buddy - "Someone else has the patent for my idea!". I was straight on the phone to find out the details & see how he was...

His patent search had revealed that in February of this year a patent had been granted for his own idea to an individual in the US. The world started to cave in, and we were back on the rollercoaster.... arghhh!!! We'd both put in so much time and now this goes & happens...

But there are two ways to look at this - either its over so we pack up now or we dig in and make another way. And I am for the former.

At the least now we know where we are - there's no need to go through the hassle of applying for a patent, and we could enquire about licensing the idea for outside of the US and get cracking on it. Or perhaps we could even buy it from the guy - may be he doesn't know what he's got on his hands...

I'm also feeling confident as at least somebody else has had the idea and subsequently gone through the hassle & cost because they believe in the idea so much.

So, we'll see how his thoughts & feelings have progressed when we ctach up during the week... hopefully he's as gung-ho as me.

No comments: