Wednesday 17 September 2008

Roll with the punches

This week I went to see a potential customer& see if they spare some time for an interview with them.

I just came in off the street & basically doorstepped the customer.

Now looking back on it was a bit of a risky strategy. Here's me just coming in off the street & asking potentially sensitive questions about this person's business without knowing really who I am or what I do. I was rather naive.

But the funny thing is this week's experience hasn't knocked me down. In the past I would be taking a regulatory standing 8 count.

Instead this seems to have unlocked a couple of other avenues to explore & to chase down previous doors. So for example I chased down a friend of a friend who does this as her day job & she's called me back so at least this way she kind of knows who I am & what I’m doing.

The other idea was to address a specific setback I had, as I'd hoped that this customer might be willing to participate in my test. So instead of moping about I’ve now thought why not advertise in a trade publication & see if there are any takers for doing a test in return for an expected revenue stream of a few hundred pounds per week.

So generally feeling good about these things even though they're not the best of news!

No comments: