Monday 23 June 2008

First step taken...


Today I have taken the first step on the voyage... and immediately I am thinking of Dr David Livingstone's famous quote "I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward." I really don't know where this will end up but I do know I am making progress...


My first step in making my dream come true was to apply for time off from my employer - now there's no guarantee that this will be granted, but at least it makes me feel that I am making things happen.


Today is a bit of an anti-climax. I thought there might be a profoundness to it all, a feeling of destiny achieved, but in actual fact its just another day. Its exactly what it was like when I went to Japan last year... bit of trepidation, then off, then a kind of panic once I was there and then get stuck in and then success. I'm hoping the end is the same...
So interesting times ahead...

No comments: